**We have increased the copper ppm to 2,000 which is not yet depicted on the labels shown online.**
We handcraft our minerals right here in Savannah, Georgia. Each bag is a perfect blend of OMRI certified organic minerals and salt, diatomaceous earth, kelp, trace bicarbonate, and vitamins.
This free choice combination will not only give goats the nutrients they need and pack on the pounds, it will also help deworm, prevent infections, help the immune system, balance pH levels, regulate digestive systems, and create a luscious coat on healthier skin.
You can feed your goats protein, fat, and carbohydrates, but if they don’t have a proper amount of minerals, they won’t get the nutrition they need. Deficiencies can lead to a host of issues.
Common Issues: Copper is important to goats, but too much is also toxic to them. Copper also degrades in open air fairly quickly and looses it's potency. We highly recommend a free-choice mineral around 2000 ppm minimum with copper boluses supplemented bi-annually for maximum absorption and consistency, as needed. Be wary of mineral mixes with copper ppm's over 2000 and be very wary of mineral mixes with over 10% kelp added - neither of which in those amounts are natural for a goat and can cause toxicity and decreased copper absorption.
Here are they symptoms associated with mineral deficiencies:
- Selenium deficiency: Weak muscles, trouble breathing.
- Zinc deficiency: Stiff joints, skin problems, low interest in breeding, deformed hooves, excessive salivating.
- Copper deficiency: Coarse hair, abortion, stillbirths, weight loss, low milk supply.
- Calcium & Phosphorus (usually found together) deficiency: Rickets, milk fever.
- Iodine deficiency: Goiters.
- Iron deficiency: Anemia, weakness.
- Sodium deficiency: Licking the ground or eating dirt.
- Manganese deficiency: Slow growth in kids, reduced fertility and stillbirths.
Available in 15 pounds and 7 pounds foil-lined, resealable bags.
Directions: Free choice is recommended. This can be supplemented at 1 ounce per head per day.
You may need to supplement more Sodium Bicarbonate for does as this mix has minimal portions.
* It's important to note that supplementing any free choice mineral in addition to a complete feed can cause issues, including death. *